DISCLAIMER FROM THE PRODUCERS OF THIS WEBSITE
This site was built, is maintained and hosted by Snowdon Digital whose representatives have access to the site and any non-sensitive data that the site uses. This may include Usernames, Email Addresses and contact information. Any transactional data is not accessed by Snowdon Digital as it is passed through a third-party payment gateway such as Paypal or Stripe. For more information regarding the payment gateway in use on this site, please see the e-commerce specific section of these terms and privacy policies.
Although access to this data is granted to Snowdon Digital and it's employees, it's policies prevent Snowdon Digital itself or it's employees from replicating or sharing the data without legal consent from the user or in the cases of security, legal warrant request or to pre-emptively maintain and protect the data.
Partial administrative access to this is granted to representatives from Black Dog Pictures & Framing. Access to administer certain features of this site may include access to usernames, email addresses, billing and shipping addresses and contact information. This is used solely for the purposes of communication surrounding a service that you have engaged in, feedback from contact forms, servicing an order or service that you have purchased or signed up to, or where separate consent has been granted, marketing.
Note that Snowdon Digital merely facilitates the hosting of this website through a third-party hosting provider. The policies of such companies prevents your data from being accessed, duplicated, shared or used in any way outside of the terms of these policies with exception to maintenance or security reasons.
Should Snowdon Digital cease this service between itself and Black Dog Pictures & Framing, your data may be stored for up to 6 months as part of our agreement with Black Dog Pictures & Framing, following such time all data will be destroyed from our own records and the hosting company.
Please note that Black Dog Pictures & Framing or Snowdon Digital may contact you without prior consent to discuss matters pertinent to your data.
In accordance with GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) which is effective as on 25th May 2018, you have the following rights:
Right to be informed
Right of access
Right to rectification
Right to erasure
Right to restrict processing
Right to portability
Right to object
Rights related to automatic decision making, including profiling
With the exception of the information above, the following policies are binding between you, the user and Black Dog Pictures & Framing, the owner of this website.
Definitions and interpretation
|Data||collectively all information that you submit to Black Dog Pictures & Framing via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;|
|Cookies||a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);|
|Black Dog Pictures & Framing, or us||Black Dog Pictures & Framing of 7 Mwrog Street, Ruthin, Denbighshire, LL15 1LB;|
|UK and EU Cookie Law||the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;|
|User or you||any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Black Dog Pictures & Framing and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Black Dog Pictures & Framing and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and|
|Website||the website that you are currently using, www.blackdogpictures.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.|
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- Operating system (automatically collected);
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
Our use of Data
- For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Black Dog Pictures & Framing is the "data controller".
- We will retain any Data you submit for up to 12 months of non-activity, with the exception of user accounts which will be held indefinitely, terminated either by you, by us for any reason or by the deletion of this website
- Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
- All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services;
- transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
- contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website;
- Maintenance or Protection of Data;
- In instances where a user account has been created on our website, we may use the data to contact you regarding the service you are receiving and to notify you of changes.
- In instances where a product or service has been purchased, we may use the data to contact your regarding the product or service which may include reminders or notifications. Certain data such as addresses or contact information may be printed for shipping purposes.
Third party websites and services
- Black Dog Pictures & Framing may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
- Our website may utilize third-party payment gateways such as PayPal or Stripe. During the checkout process, we obtain your shipping and billing information but transactional information is exclusively passed through the gateway in use. At checkout, you are subject to the privacy policies of the gateway provider, not Black Dog Pictures & Framing.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your Data
- Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
- sharing Data with third parties.
- In accordance with GDPR you also have the following rights
- Right to be informed
You have the right to know how we use your data, which is the purpose of these policies.
- Right of access
You can at any time request your data in a commonly used format, such as CSV. You can do this by contacting the Privacy Officer via email (email@example.com) with an access request.
- Right to rectification
You may correct incomplete or inaccurate information. In cases where you have control of a user account, you may do this yourself via the settings provided or you may contact the Privacy Officer via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Right to erasure
You can request deletion or removal of personal data when there is no compelling reason for its continued processing. Also referred to as “the right to be forgotten.”
- Right to restrict processing
You also have the right to block processing of personal data. In such cases, we can store the data but no longer process it.
- Right to portability
You have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes. This will be provided in a common format, such as CSV.
- Right to object
You can object to having your personal information used. This includes for purposes of direct marketing, research and statistics.
- Rights related to automatic decision making, including profiling
This rule specifies when we can use profiling and automated decision making. It also defines requirements that must be met, such as the individual providing explicit consent.
- Right to be informed
Functionality of the Website
- To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
Accessing your own Data
- You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by Black Dog Pictures & Framing (where such Data is held) on payment of a small fee, which will not exceed £25.00.
- Data security is of great importance to Black Dog Pictures & Framing and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
- If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
- We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Black Dog Pictures & Framing to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
- This Website may place the following Cookies:
- Type of Cookie Purpose:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies: They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies: These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.